Attachment in Psychotherapy
Dear Guests,
The Rest of the Forum will become visible and Ads will disappear after registration.

Attachment in Psychotherapy

Anonymous Discussion Forum for Therapists

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Online Anonymity

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Do you feel safer hidden behind a pseudo name when talking to people online, or would you prefer having discussions with your real name?
I feel safer with a pseudo name
36%
 36% [ 4 ]
I feel safer using my real name
27%
 27% [ 3 ]
Everyone should use their real name online
9%
 9% [ 1 ]
I would never use my real name online
27%
 27% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Admin

PostSubject: Online Anonymity   15/07/12, 08:16 pm

Do you feel safer hidden behind a pseudo name when talking to people online, or would you prefer having discussions with your real name? Guests can reply to this post.
Back to top Go down
Dryfly

PostSubject: Using a pseudonym   16/07/12, 10:21 pm

This is very topical for me. I have only just registered to participate on this forum having found the address on a previous, similar forum.
On that forum I used my forename, but on this I have chosen to use a pseudonym; and I am not sure why!
I did not feel unsafe, nor do I believe there is any ethical reason, but perhaps it is more of a new beginning thing. I believe a number of the users of the previous forum will be here also and if I used the same login name they would have preconceived ideas about how I might respond to various topics. By using a different login I may be trying to avoid anyone prejudging what I might have to say.
Obviously my identity shall be available to the moderators but for the meantime to everyone else I shall remain Dryfly.
I believe it shall be a pleasure to 'meet' you all and to renew old acquaintances.

Dryfly
Back to top Go down

Online Anonymity
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Attachment in Psychotherapy :: Welcome :: Letters to and from Staff-
Jump to: